Sugar Land Personal Injury Lawyer
Injuries can happen at any time. You may get injured on your way to work in a car accident. You may slip and fall at the grocery store. You may suffer a machinery accident while at work. Your doctor may cause you to suffer serious injuries during a surgery.
These are called personal injuries and if your injury was caused by a third party, you may be able to file a claim for compensation. You may be able to obtain compensation for property damage, medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, scarring, disfigurement, mental distress, and more.
Henrietta Ezeoke Law Firm can assist you with filing a claim after suffering an injury from a third party’s negligence. Contact our experienced Sugar Land personal injury lawyer today to get started.
Types of Personal Injury
There are many types of personal injury, including the following:
- Bicycle Accident
- Car Accident
- Motorcycle Accident
- Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
- Pedestrian Accident
- Premises Liability
- Slip & Fall
- Truck Accident
- Wrongful Death
Elements of a Personal Injury Claim
A personal injury claim consists of four elements:
- The defendant owed the plaintiff a duty of care.
- The defendant breached that duty.
- The plaintiff suffered damages (such as injuries or financial loss).
- The defendant’s breach caused the plaintiff’s damages.
If all four of these elements apply, contact a personal injury lawyer right away to get started with a claim.
Why You Need a Personal Injury Lawyer
If you have been injured, don’t handle your case on your own. There are many ways in which a Sugar Land personal injury lawyer can help you:
- Reach a settlement agreement. You can avoid going to court by having a lawyer negotiate with the insurance company. Your lawyer understands your damages and can help you get the best settlement offer possible.
- Represent you in court. If you cannot reach a settlement agreement, you will have to file a lawsuit as a last resort. This will need to be handled in court. Your lawyer has the experience to help argue your case.
- Guide you through the claims process. It can be daunting to navigate the personal injury claim process on your own. One mistake can cause delays and a reduced payout. A personal injury attorney will gather facts and information, obtain evidence, and help you understand applicable laws.
- Expedite your claim. Without knowledge of the claims process, your claim may go on for many months or even years. A personal injury lawyer understands the paperwork and deadlines involved so your claim can resolve quickly.
Contact Henrietta Ezeoke Law Firm Today
If you or a loved one sustained injury through no fault of your own, it is important to understand your legal options. You need someone who is personally committed to your case.
With more than 20 years of experience, Henrietta Ezeoke Law Firm can effectively handle your claim and get you real results. Whether you have been injured by an automobile accident, slip and fall accident, medical malpractice incident, or other issue, we can help. For a free consultation with a Sugar Land personal injury lawyer, fill out the online form or call (713) 234-0030.