Sugar Land Personal Injury Lawyer
Injuries can happen at any time. You may get injured on your way to work in a car accident. You may slip and fall at the grocery store. You may suffer a machinery accident while at work. Your doctor may cause you to suffer serious injuries during a surgery. These are called personal injuries and if your injury was caused by a third party, you may be able to file a claim for compensation. You may be able to obtain compensation for property damage, medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, scarring, disfigurement, mental distress, and more.
Henrietta Ezeoke Law Firm can assist you with filing a claim after suffering an injury from a third party’s negligence. Contact our experienced Sugar Land personal injury lawyer today to get started.
Help From a Dedicated and Effective Sugar Land Personal Injury Attorney
As the victim of another’s negligence, you may be entitled to significant compensation for your medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and other legal damages. However, Texas personal injury law puts the burden on you to prove your case before you can expect a full and fair amount of compensation. This means you have to be able to prove the at-fault party owed you a duty of care, they breached that duty through action or inaction that amounts to negligence, you suffered an injury because of their negligence, and you can prove how much they owe you. Proving these issues requires knowledge of the law and skill in putting together a strong and persuasive case for compensation. This is what we do every day at the Henrietta Ezeoke Law Firm. Going up against an insurance company on your own is never advised; you could miss getting the full amount of compensation available or lose out on your claim entirely. Our Sugar Land injury lawyer has as much experience or more as the lawyers and claims adjusters on the other side so we know what to do, including when to settle and when to fight. And our duty to you as our client is to make sure you get the compensation you need and deserve. We’ll work to see that your needs are met and your claims are resolved satisfactorily.
Types of Personal Injury
There are many types of personal injury, including the following:
- Amputation Injury
- Back/Disc Injury
- Bicycle Accident
- Brain Injury
- Car Accident
- Distracted Driving Accident
- Drowsy Truck Driver Accident
- Drunk Driving Accident
- Explosion & Burn Injury
- Head-on Collision
- Hit & Run Accident
- Jackknife Truck Accident
- Motorcycle Accident
- Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
- Pedestrian Accident
- Rear-End Collision
- Premises Liability
- Rollover Accident
- Side Impact & T-Bone Crash
- Slip & Fall
- Speeding Accident
- Spine Injury
- Stop Sign Accident
- Truck Accident
- Uber & Lyft Accident
- Uninsured Driver Accident
- Wrongful Death
Elements of a Personal Injury Claim
A personal injury claim consists of four elements:
- The defendant owed the plaintiff a duty of care.
- The defendant breached that duty.
- The plaintiff suffered damages (such as injuries or financial loss).
- The defendant’s breach caused the plaintiff’s damages.
If all four of these elements apply, contact a personal injury lawyer right away to get started with a claim.
Why You Need a Personal Injury Lawyer
If you have been injured, don’t handle your case on your own. There are many ways in which a Sugar Land personal injury lawyer can help you:
- Reach a settlement agreement. You can avoid going to court by having a lawyer negotiate with the insurance company. Your lawyer understands your damages and can help you get the best settlement offer possible.
- Represent you in court. If you cannot reach a settlement agreement, you will have to file a lawsuit as a last resort. This will need to be handled in court. Your lawyer has the experience to help argue your case.
- Guide you through the claims process. It can be daunting to navigate the personal injury claim process on your own. One mistake can cause delays and a reduced payout. A personal injury attorney will gather facts and information, obtain evidence, and help you understand applicable laws.
- Expedite your claim. Without knowledge of the claims process, your claim may go on for many months or even years. A personal injury lawyer understands the paperwork and deadlines involved so your claim can resolve quickly.
Contact Henrietta Ezeoke Law Firm Today
With more than 20 years of experience, Henrietta Ezeoke Law Firm can effectively handle your claim and get you real results. Whether you have been injured by an automobile accident, slip and fall accident, medical malpractice incident, or other issue, we can help.
If you or a loved one sustained injury through no fault of your own, it is important to understand your legal options. You need someone who is personally committed to your case.For a free consultation with a Sugar Land personal injury lawyer, fill out the online form or call (713) 234-0030.