Pearland Personal Injury Lawyer
Criminal cases punish wrongdoers for their actions. Civil cases accomplish objectives that criminal cases don’t. Personal injury matters force tortfeasors (negligent actors) to accept responsibility for their mistakes. Additionally, civil courts compensate injury victims. Victims need this compensation to pay accident-related expenses, like medical bills. They deserve this compensation, because the injuries they sustained weren’t their fault.
Henrietta Ezeoke, a dedicated Pearland personal injury lawyer, is fully committed to both the objectives of a civil case. Our professional team holds negligent parties responsible for the injuries they cause. Houston would be an even better place to live if we all accepted the consequences of our mistakes. Additionally, Henrietta Ezeoke takes on greedy insurance companies and obtains maximum compensation for your serious injuries.
- Bicycle Accident
- Car Accident
- Motorcycle Accident
- Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
- Pedestrian Accident
- Premises Liability
- Slip & Fall
- Truck Accident
- Wrongful Death
Matters We Handle
A serious personal injury could affect anyone at any time, especially in large urban areas like Houston. Some injury matters we handle in Brazoria County and nearby jurisdictions include:
- Vehicle Collisions: Generally, these incidents aren’t “accidents.” A combination of aggressive driving and driver impairment causes about 98 percent of these incidents. Aggressive driving includes speeding, tailgating, and turning unsafely. Driver impairment includes driving while drowsy and driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Falls: Common fall injuries include broken bones and head injuries. Normally, these physical wounds are permanent, at least to an extent. Furthermore, falls cause emotional injuries. Many of these victims are so afraid of falling again that they basically become prisoners in their own homes.
- Animal Attacks: Dogs bite millions of Americans every year. Many of these attacks cause serious injuries. Usually, these wounds require expensive, and extensive, treatment at specialized trauma centers. Furthermore, these victims must go through painful physical therapy. Even then, the physical and emotional scars of these attacks usually remain.
- Swimming Pool Drownings: Unintentional drowning is the leading cause of death for children under four years old. A few moments under the waves causes a permanent, and often fatal, brain injury. Usually, property owners in Texas have a legal duty to prevent such incidents if they can.
Our team not only takes action against negligent individuals. When professionals, like doctors, are negligent, we also hold them responsible for their negligence. Additionally, we take on large companies when they sell defective and dangerous products which injure innocent consumers.
In all injury cases, compensation usually includes money for economic losses, such as medical bills, and noneconomic losses, such as pain and suffering. A Pearland personal injury lawyer can also obtain additional punitive damages, in some extreme cases.
There is no such thing as a minor accident if you’re the one who was injured, just like there is no such thing as minor surgery if you’re the one going under the knife. So, our approach is the same in all matters we handle.
We begin each case with a conversation, so we fully understand your needs and goals in a particular situation. Then, as we evaluate your case, we tailor our approach according to your needs.
Next, we collect evidence that supports your claim for damages and refutes insurance company defenses. Evidence collection may be the most critical part of an injury case. The victim/plaintiff has the burden of proof, and insurance companies usually fight these claims tooth and nail.
All the while, we always proactively communicate with our clients, so they are never in the dark and so they can make the best possible decisions for themselves and their families.
Reach Out to a Dedicated Brazoria County Personal Injury Lawyer
Injury victims are entitled to substantial compensation. For a free consultation with an experienced personal injury lawyer in Pearland, contact the Henrietta Ezeoke Law Firm, PLLC. We do not charge upfront legal fees in these matters.