Sugar Land Bicycle Accidents Lawyer
Bicycles can be fun to ride, plus they’re great exercise. However, they can also be dangerous. If you rode your bike as a kid, you probably remember skinned knees, bruises, and lacerations after falling off or performing stunts. Riding a bicycle as an adult can bring about many more dangers, especially if you ride on the road with vehicles.
Bicycle accidents can happen in a number of ways. As a rider, the most common way is to get hit by a car. Falling and crashing with fixed objects are also common reasons. So are rider error and crashing due to a roadway that is in poor condition.
Bicyclists have no protection in a crash and can therefore suffer accidents. There may be significant financial damages involved. Count on Henrietta Ezeoke Law Firm to guide you through the process. Our experienced Sugar Land bicycle accident lawyer can assist you with your claim.
What Causes Bicycle Accidents?
Most bicycle accidents are caused by motorists who aren’t paying attention or who feel as though bicycles shouldn’t belong on the road. In any cases, bicycle crashes occur quite often due to the following:
- Distracted driving. Many drivers fail to focus on the roadway due to smartphones and other distractions. This can cause them to hit something, such as a bicycle, and cause serious injuries.
- Speeding. Going too fast makes it harder for motorists to slow down and avoid hazards. Hitting a bicycle at such high speeds can be deadly. Even a collision at low speeds can be catastrophic.
- Intoxication. Drunk drivers pose a danger to everyone on the roadway, including bicyclists. Alcohol causes reduction in judgment, reaction times, and vision, all which can have a negative effect on driving. Accidents involving bicycles are more likely to occur.
- Following too closely. Frustrated motorists often follow slower-moving bicycles too closely, creating dangerous situations. Should the bike rider slow down or make a sudden move, an accident can result.
- Unsafe lane changes. Sudden lane changes and weaving through traffic are dangerous acts when a bicycle is in the area. Bikes are small and it’s easy for motorists to overlook them, so serious accidents are common. It’s important to turn your head and look before switching lanes; don’t rely solely on your mirrors.
- Failure to yield. Not yielding at intersections, when lanes are merging, or in roundabouts can cause vehicles to collide with bicycles. Even at low speeds, the results can be disastrous.
Contact Henrietta Ezeoke Law Firm Today
Bicycle accidents often happen and many are catastrophic or even fatal in nature. If you have been affected, you need to seek legal help right away to protect your legal rights.
Seeking financial compensation is an important part of the recovery process. Henrietta Ezeoke Law Firm can assist you with your bicycle accident claim. Contact us today to get started. Call (713) 234-0030 or fill out the online form for a free consultation with a Sugar Land bike accidents lawyer.