Stafford Brain Injury Lawyer
Brain injuries are difficult to see and harder to treat. Many people walk away from car accidents or truck accidents thinking they are fine. A day or two later, they experience excruciating headaches and memory loss. Other symptoms include a loss of coordination or an inability to control their bowel.
At Henrietta Ezeoke Law Firm, we know how to obtain compensation when our clients suffer brain injuries as a result of accidents. Call us today. Our Stafford brain injury lawyer will explain your legal rights in a consultation and get to work seeking a fair settlement.
What is a Traumatic Brain Injury?
A traumatic brain injury, called a TBI, is an injury which disrupts the normal ability of a brain to function. The injury is caused by an external force. Violent shaking can jiggle the brain, damaging axons. A person can suffer a TBI when they suffer a direct blow to their skull or even if their head whips around. Many people end up with TBIs as a result of:
- Car accidents. A rear-end collision or T-bone accident can cause a person’s head to snap or whip around, damaging the brain.
- Truck accidents. Large trucks are so heavy they generate terrific force, which can easily lead to a severe brain injury.
- Slip and falls. When people fall, they often strike their head on the ground, causing a TBI.
- Sporting accidents. Contact sports like football or hockey often lead to TBIs, whereas other athletes are hurt when they fall on a dangerous floor or field.
- Violent attacks. You can suffer a TBI when someone punches you in the face or head or shoves you to the ground.
Brain injuries are difficult to see on imaging tests. However, there are common symptoms which aid a doctor in diagnosis:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Impaired memory
- Convulsions or seizures
- Mood swings
- Disrupted sleep
- Loss of balance or coordination
- Impaired movement, including paralysis
- Blacking out for a few seconds after the accident
Symptoms can last for a long time. Unfortunately, doctors haven’t invented a pill that will immediately “cure” a TBI. Instead, many accident victims are stuck at home resting and limiting their use of computers and other electronic devices. Very few people can immediately return to work.
A TBI is not the only type of brain injury. You could have suffered a hypoxic brain injury, caused by a lack of oxygen flow. A near-drowning accident will often cause this type of injury. Other brain injuries involve bleeding inside the skull or the brain tissue itself. Doctors must relieve the pressure, otherwise the victim could die.
Suffering a Brain Injury? Contact Us
Brain injuries are some of the most expensive injuries that Stafford residents can suffer. Our clients have large medical expenses and income loss. They might also suffer for months with a loss of enjoyment of life and pain. You deserve the maximum compensation possible.
Reach out to Henrietta Ezeoke Law Firm today. Our Stafford brain injury lawyer will review the facts surrounding your accident and advise you of your legal rights. Our consultations are free and without risk.