Sienna Slip and Fall Lawyer
No one expects to slip and fall when entering a store, government building, or parking lot. Yet hundreds of people are injured when they hit their head or slam their backs into the ground. At Henrietta Ezeoke Law Firm, our firm represents injured clients like you who seek compensation when property owners fail to keep their premises safe. If you have questions about the legal claims process, please call us to talk with a Sienna slip and fall lawyer.
Property Owners Must Maintain Their Properties
A slip and fall can happen whenever someone steps on:
- Spilled liquids
- Loose paper or other trash
- Uneven floorboards
- Threadbare carpets
Not every slip and fall is the owner’s fault—but some are. If the owner failed to use necessary care, you can sue for your injuries suffered in a fall. For example, a business must regularly inspect its property for the safety of customers. If they find a defect, they should quickly repair it or, at a minimum, warn customers. A store cannot refuse to walk down aisles to look for liquid or items on the floor.
After an accident, please take reasonable steps to protect yourself:
- Document the hazard if possible. Did you slip on some trash in an aisle? Or ice on the floor of a restaurant? Take out your phone and get a picture of the hazard. This documentary evidence helps show the hazard existed when you fell.
- Identify any witnesses and ask for a method of contacting them. Witnesses can help confirm your story of why you fell.
- Tell the store or property owner about the fall. They need to protect other people from the hazard.
- Obtain medical care. Go to the emergency room if necessary to seek medical care. Many slip and fall victims suffer concussions or back injuries. Pay attention to your symptoms over the next week, because they might worsen.
- Write down memories of what happened when you get a spare moment. You want to document the sequence of events that led to the fall while your memory is fresh.
Our law firm has the skill you need when seeking compensation from the premises owner. We have sued businesses, government agencies, and private homeowners. Never assume you don’t have a valid legal claim. We are often able to negotiate a favorable settlement even if the owner denies liability for the accident.
Ideally, you should seek money for medical bills, pain, property damage, lost income, and emotional distress. The amount you can receive will depend on the circumstances, but many clients have high expenses.
Reach Out to Schedule a Consultation
We encourage anyone injured in a premises liability accident to contact Henrietta Ezeoke Law Firm today. Property owners aggressively defend themselves, and you might be shocked to hear an insurance adjuster is blaming you for tripping over your own feet. You need someone who can gather evidence and argue your point of view.
Call today to schedule a consultation. Our Sienna slip and fall lawyer can analyze your legal right to hold the premises owner accountable for negligent maintenance.