Houston Car Accident Lawyer
Car wrecks are one of the most common accidents in Houston. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, about 240,000 people were injured in Texas car accidents in 2021. Houston alone saw 67,000 car accidents, resulting in thousands of serious injuries.
Accidents vary considerably in terms of force generated and damage caused. Nonetheless, even vehicles going relatively slowly can injure occupants, even when they are wearing seatbelts. At Henrietta Ezeoke Law Firm, we have helped many accident victims hold motorists accountable when they cause collisions on Houston roads. Whether you were struck at an intersection, in a parking lot, or on the freeway, you have a right to sue a negligent motorist. Contact our Houston car accident lawyer today to learn more about your rights.
How to Seek Compensation for a Car Accident
Many accident victims are naturally confused about what to do following a crash. Helpfully, Texas requires that drivers carry minimum liability insurance. As the victim, you can make a claim on this policy when the other driver is at fault for the wreck.
Fault is an issue that’s often in dispute in many car accidents. You can help us recreate the accident by doing the following:
- Take pictures of all cars involved in the crash. Get at least one picture of every dent on the vehicles.
- Take pictures of the cars where they end up, as well as any debris field.
- Talk to witnesses and ask them what they saw. Ask for their names and contact information in case we need to speak to them.
- Call the police to come out to the accident scene. An officer can investigate the crash and ask a suspected intoxicated driver to take a field sobriety test.
In the weeks following the accident, you will probably receive medical care and rehab your injuries. Document all of your damages, such as:
- Cost of medical treatment
- Income lost as you recover
- Cost to repair or replace your vehicle and the property inside it
- Any rental car payments while your car is out of service
You can also request compensation for non-economic losses, such as pain and suffering, disfigurement, loss of enjoyment of life, mental anguish, or emotional distress. Our car accident attorney can estimate what would be a fair amount to seek.
For some accidents, we might even seek punitive or exemplary damages. These damages punish a defendant when they intentionally injure someone or drive with gross negligence.
Our law firm can use your evidence to negotiate a settlement. At our firm, most of our cases settle and there is no need to go to trial. However, where the insurance company unreasonably refuses to offer fair compensation, we are not afraid to file a lawsuit in court.
Schedule Your Free Consultation with Our Firm
Car accidents are terrifying experiences. Fortunately, Henrietta Ezeoke Law Firm can represent you in negotiations. Our legal team has the skills you need to maximize the amount of money you take home to cover your damages. For help, please contact our Houston car accident lawyer today. Our firm is committed to your wellbeing.