Sugar Land Truck Accident Lawyer
Texas sees a lot of semi truck activity. These large vehicles can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds and be dozens of feet long. Nobody wants to get hit by these trucks.
Getting hit by a semi truck is a serious accident that can lead to fatality. Those who often survive must deal with catastrophic injuries.
Getting compensation for these injuries can be frustrating. Trucking companies often work quickly to hide crucial evidence that can prove their liability. Because of this, you need someone on your side who will work quickly and effectively to handle your case in the proper manner.
Truck accidents can result in significant damages. Henrietta Ezeoke Law Firm can guide you through the legal process during this frustrating time. Our Sugar Land truck accident lawyer will work hard to gather and preserve evidence and determine liability.
Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can happen in the following ways:
- Speeding. Many truck drivers are on tight deadlines, so even though there are speed limits, many go above this speed. This is a dangerous practice, making it harder to slow down to avoid road hazards. Plus, accidents at higher speeds tend to be more dangerous.
- Driving under the influence. The blood alcohol concentration (BAC) threshold is .04% for commercial truck drivers. Truck drivers are not permitted to consume alcohol within four hours of driving a company commercial vehicle nor can they have alcohol while on duty. Driving while under the influence is a crime and can have extreme consequences for everyone on the road.
- Distracted driving. Distractions are a problem for all drivers, even truckers. Truck drivers often get bored while behind the wheel, so they may use their phones to text, make calls, or surf the internet. These actions can have deadly consequences, causing major crashes.
- Fatigue. Many truck drivers work long shifts and often get fatigued. This is despite the fact that there are hours of service regulations in place to keep tired truckers off the road. A commercial driver is limited to driving no more than 11 hours at a time, but some drive for even longer to meet deadlines. This puts themselves and others on the road at risk.
- Overloading cargo. Trucks that carry large loads can experience tire blowouts. The weight may cause these trucks to tip over. An external load can result in flying debris, which can affect other drivers.
- Weather conditions. Poor weather conditions can reduce visibility and make it harder for truck drivers to control their vehicles. Rain, ice, wind, snow, and fog can cause huge pileups and extensive injuries.
Contact Henrietta Ezeoke Law Firm Today
Truck accidents are major annoyances that can affect you and your loved ones for many years. Make sure you have the right legal help on your side.
Henrietta Ezeoke Law Firm can assist you with even the most complex truck accident claims. We have the experience and skill to guide you through the process with ease. To schedule a free consultation with a Sugar Land truck accidents lawyer, call (713) 234-0030 or fill out the online form.