Sugar Land Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycles are fun to ride in the Texas sunshine. These small two-wheeled machines can easily zip through traffic and get people from place to place quickly.
They can also get into crashes easily. Because they are small and hard to see, passenger vehicles can easily collide with motorcycles, resulting in serious accidents. In fact, most motorcycle accidents result in injuries or death to the motorcycle rider.
Henrietta Ezeoke Law Firm understands the issues involved in motorcycle accidents. We’ll guide you through the process while you focus on recovery. See how a Sugar Land motorcycle accident lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle crashes can happen in a variety of ways, such as the following:
- Speeding. As the saying goes, speed kills. Drivers who exceed the speed limit need more room and more time to slow down or stop without hitting another vehicle. Speeding can also cause motorcycle riders to lose control, lay down the bike, and suffer serious injuries.
- Intoxication. Drinking and driving doesn’t mix, even for motorcycle riders. Alcohol is dangerous because it affects judgment, reaction time, and vision. Plus, it impairs driving skills, making accidents more likely to occur.
- Unsafe lane changes. Many accidents occur when drivers fail to look carefully before changing lanes. They may not check their blind spots for nearby motorcycles, causing serious accidents.
- Left turns. Drivers must yield to oncoming traffic before making a left turn, but many fail to see motorcycles. A collision with a motorcycle can be serious, with many resulting in death.
- Road hazards. Potholes, cracks in asphalt, and debris may not be issues for passenger vehicles, but for a motorcycle, it can cause a loss of control. In issues where a lack of road maintenance caused the accident, a city or local municipality may be held liable.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
A motorcycle crash can cause the following injuries:
- Road rash. Road rash isn’t the same as skinning your knee. There may be raw skin and bleeding. In some cases, the lacerations are deep and nerve cells may be damaged. Without proper treatment, a person may suffer an infection.
- Facial injuries. If a rider is not wearing a helmet, they can suffer serious injuries to their face if they are ejected in a crash. They may suffer lacerations, broken bones, scarring, and disfigurement.
- Broken bones. The impact of a crash can cause a rider to break bones in their arms, legs, ankles, wrists, and other body parts.
- Spinal cord injuries. Impact to the back and spine can lead to paralysis and other spinal cord injuries.
Contact Henrietta Ezeoke Law Firm Today
Motorcycles are vulnerable on the roadways. They are small and can easily get into serious accidents.
Henrietta Ezeoke Law Firm can help you with your motorcycle accident claim. We’ll determine liability and help you understand your options for financial recovery. Call (713) 234-0030 or fill out the online form to schedule a free consultation with a Sugar Land motorcycle accidents lawyer.