Sienna Wrongful Death Lawyer
Did you lose a loved one in a workplace accident, motor vehicle crash, or other accident? If so, you might be able to bring a wrongful death claim. This is a personal injury claim surviving family members bring against the person responsible for their loved one’s death.
At Henrietta Ezeoke Law Firm, our legal team extends our sympathies to anyone whose spouse, child, or parent died in an accident. This is truly a horrifying experience that no one should have to suffer. During this difficult time, you deserve a seasoned Sienna wrongful death lawyer who can discuss in a compassionate way your legal rights and options. Contact our law firm today to schedule an appointment.
What is a Wrongful Death Claim?
This is a civil lawsuit some family members can bring against the person who negligently or intentionally caused the death. Here are examples:
- A drunk driver crashes into your husband and kills him.
- A distracted driver collides with another car because the driver is texting and driving, which results in the death of your wife.
- A workplace accident causes a worker to fall to the ground, suffering fatal injuries.
- A customer slips and falls walking down a grocery store aisle, striking their head on the ground and suffering a fatal brain injury.
- A criminal breaks into a hotel room and kills a person in bed.
In these accidents, someone died because another person injured them in a negligent or intentional manner. Under Texas wrongful death law, the defendant is accountable for the death, and you can file a lawsuit in civil court. If hired, our firm will also try to negotiate a fair settlement which makes litigation unnecessary.
Compensation for Your Losses
A wrongful death claim isn’t criminal, so the defendant does not go to jail if they are liable. Instead, a judge will order them to pay compensation to family members. Our firm has brought wrongful death cases against defendants and sought compensation for:
- Lost financial support or income
- Lost household services provided by your loved one
- Loss of companionship, society, and love
- Lost inheritance
- Anguish and mental pain experienced by surviving family members
These damages are a mix of financial losses which have a dollar amount (like lost services) and intangible losses which are harder to assign a dollar value to (like anguish or loss of society). Your choice of attorney matters a great deal. Hiring an experienced lawyer can increase the amount of compensation the defendant must pay.
At our firm, we also review whether we can add other defendants. For example, your loved one might have been killed in a parking lot, store, or hotel. When there is inadequate security, the property owner is also liable for the attack and death.
Call Our Law Firm Today
Texas law gives family members a limited amount of time to file this claim. If, after three months, you choose not to file, then the estate’s personal representative can bring this claim. You shouldn’t delay calling a Sienna wrongful death attorney to discuss your case.