Rosharon Truck Accident Lawyer
Any collision with a large commercial truck can leave motorists with serious injuries. At Henrietta Ezeoke Law Firm, we know the toll these accidents take on victims. In addition to devastating bodily injuries, many victims struggle with depression or even post-traumatic stress disorder. When you can’t work or enjoy time with your family, life seems less meaningful. Contact our firm after a collision with a big rig, eighteen-wheeler, or cement truck. Our Rosharon truck accident lawyer will provide an overview of the claims process for receiving compensation.
How to Determine Liability
If the truck driver was to blame, then we can submit a claim on their insurance for compensation. Our clients struggle with very serious injuries and limitations, including paralysis, brain injuries, back injuries, fractures, and neck injuries. Because these injuries require intense rehab, many people can’t work for months after a crash.
A truck driver might be responsible because of:
- Driving while fatigued—the federal government has adopted hours of service regulations to limit the amount of time on the job. Some truckers push too hard and exceed these limits.
- Distracted driving—government regulations prevent hand-held cell phone use, but many truckers are distracted by phones and other communication devices installed in trucks.
- Speeding—truckers drive too fast to reach their destination in time, but speeding makes it harder to stop in time on the freeway.
- Illegal lane change—truckers often collide on the highway because they are changing lanes when they shouldn’t.
- Failure to inspect the truck—truckers have a duty to perform pre-trip inspections to find defects. They shouldn’t drive a truck if it is dangerous to take it out.
- Substance abuse—too many truckers turn to drugs or alcohol to get them through a shift. These substances make it harder to drive safely and impair clear thinking or coordination.
Our clients are in so much immediate pain that they can’t do anything after a wreck. However, if you can move around, then call the police to report the collision. Talk to any witnesses and, if you can, take photographs of where all vehicles ended up.
We can seek compensation to cover your:
- Medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Income or wage loss
- Diminished earning capacity
- Car damage
- Other property damage
- Pain and suffering
Some accidents aren’t caused by the trucker but could also stem from imbalanced cargo, truck defects, or road defects. Our law firm takes pride in knowing how to build up a claim for compensation. Our process includes thoroughly reviewing all evidence and even looking for additional evidence. We will contact a trucking company and request copies of electronic data in the truck or employee files at the company headquarters.
Injured in a Wreck? Call Us Today
As soon as possible, you should reach out to Henrietta Ezeoke Law Firm. Important deadlines apply to any personal injury case, and evidence has a way of disappearing if not preserved in time. Our Rosharon truck accident lawyer can begin working on your case and protect your ability to receive compensation. Our consultations are free and confidential.