Manvel Wrongful Death Lawyer
Thousands of people die in Texas accidents each year. The circumstances vary. Some are killed at work, while others die in a tragic car or truck accident. Still others are the victims of assault, with negligent security playing a part.
If you lost a loved one, please accept our condolences. Henrietta Ezeoke Law Firm has represented many grieving families after the death of a child, parent, or spouse. You have important rights under Texas law to sue the person or entity responsible for the death, but you need to meet deadlines and find sufficient evidence. The process can feel overwhelming, so call our law firm to talk with a Manvel wrongful death lawyer.
Types of Wrongful Deaths in Texas
Not every death in Texas is “wrongful” under the law. However, you might be able to sue for wrongful death if your loved one died in an accident caused by negligence, recklessness, or intentional conduct. Some examples include:
- Drunk driving accidents: Drunk motorists kill hundreds each year in Texas, and Manvel residents are not immune. No one should drive after drinking or doing drugs.
- Car wrecks: A careless or distracted driver could plow into another car and kill one or more passengers. Other fatal car accidents stem from intersection accidents, sideswipes, and speeding.
- Truck accidents: Many victims die in underride or override accidents, or rollovers where an unstable truck flops onto its side.
- Animal attacks: A dog could maul a beloved family member to death, or a poisonous spider could bite your spouse or child.
- Falls: Many people fall at work when using ladders or scaffolding, and any Manvel resident could strike their head while slipping and falling on the sidewalk or in a store.
- Motorcycle accidents: Bikers are very vulnerable in a collision because there is no buffer between them and another motor vehicle.
- Violent attacks and negligent security: Your loved one might have died after being attacked in a hotel, parking lot, store, or other location away from home. We can sue the attacker but also the property owner if there was negligent security.
Let our firm analyze everything to determine who is the correct defendant. Generally, this type of claim is brought by a surviving spouse, child, or parent for a loved one’s death. You have a very short amount of time to sue, however.
A wrongful death claim is civil in nature, not criminal. We seek monetary damages for our clients for certain losses, including lost income, grief, loss of companionship or love, and lost household services. In a consultation, we can review how much money you might seek in a claim.
Compassionate Legal Representation
Anyone who has lost a close family member should reach out to our law firm today. We can go over your right to file a wrongful death lawsuit. If hired, our Manvel wrongful death lawyer will try to negotiate a settlement with the defendant to ensure that you receive fair compensation. Everyone at our firm understands the stress you feel. Please do not hesitate to call.