Houston Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcyclists face many hazards when trying to ride in Houston. In addition to dangerous drivers, they must navigate potholes and other road hazards which could flip a bike and lead to serious injuries. At Henrietta Ezeoke Law Firm, we represent injured bikers who need compensation for an accident that is not their fault. If you contact our law firm today, you can schedule a consultation with a Houston motorcycle accident lawyer to review the facts of your collision. Based on what we hear, we might advise that you bring an insurance claim against the driver who hit you.
Motorists Must Share the Road with Motorcycles
Motorcyclists have a right to drive on the road like any other motor vehicle. Unfortunately, many Houston drivers are not interested in driving safely or looking out for their well-being. Many of our clients are injured because motorists are paying insufficient attention to their surroundings, so they never see a motorcyclist on the road.
Some of the leading reasons for motorcycle accidents include:
- Improper surveillance. A driver might not even see a motorcycle coming through an intersection and pull directly in front of them. Other motorists will make a lane change because they cannot see the motorcycle in the lane beside them.
- Aggressive driving. Some drivers pass motorcycles too closely, or they follow directly behind them, leading to a collision.
- Failure to yield. A driver must yield to a motorcycle like they would to another car, but some drivers simply hit the gas.
- Distracted driving. Cell phones are a major source of distraction, and someone sending or reading a text could slam into a motorcycle, particularly at an intersection.
- Impaired driving. Drugs and alcohol slow a driver’s reflexes and increase the odds of a wreck.
- Driver fatigue. Tired drivers are more likely to fall asleep, drift over the center line, and fail to take defensive action in time.
Our firm can bring a lawsuit against a dangerous or careless driver. We will seek full compensation for your losses, including medical bills and repairs to your bike.
We also can’t overlook the role that hazardous roads play in some collisions. A large pothole could send a motorcyclist flying, as could construction debris or trash in the road. The government entity responsible for the road should pay compensation when they refuse to fix defects.
Accidents lead to serious injuries, with motorcyclists bearing the brunt of the damage. Even if you are wearing a helmet, you could suffer a concussion, brain contusion, or brain hemorrhage. Other serious injuries include pelvic fracture, road rash, and nerve damage. Some injuries are fatal, so please go to the hospital as soon as possible after a crash so a doctor can order appropriate diagnostic tests.
More than Two Decades of Experience
Injured motorcyclists deserve to be treated with respect. Following a crash, reach out to the Henrietta Ezeoke Law Firm to discuss the accident. Many motorists blame injured bikers for their accidents, and the sooner we can begin compiling evidence, the better. Our Houston motorcycle accident lawyer is eager to take your call.