Fresno Car Accident Lawyer
At Henrietta Ezeoke Law Firm, we strive to help as many car accident victims as possible get compensation following a crash. Our practice is devoted to obtaining evidence to really understand what happened, then sharing this information with insurance companies in support of your claim. This is a stressful moment, with large medical expenses and a reduced quality of life. But our Fresno car accident lawyer can help you if you reach out by phone or online.
Negligent Drivers Cause Many Accidents
Most car accidents are caused by motorists who fail to use sufficient care. For example, some of the most common forms of negligence include:
- Texting and driving
- Speeding or driving too fast for conditions
- Drowsy driving
- Illegal U-turns
- Failing to use mirrors
- Refusal to yield
A distracted or careless driver can cause many collisions, including:
- Rear-end collisions. One car plows into the vehicle in front, causing whiplash and neck injuries, in addition to internal organ damage.
- Head-on collisions. These high-speed accidents are some of the most dangerous and lead to many fatalities. A motorist might go the wrong way due to confusion or because they fell asleep and slid over the center line.
- A car can roll onto its side or hood when it goes off the road or is struck by another vehicle. Rollovers cause concussions, shoulder injuries, and brain injuries.
- T-bones. One car smashes into the side of another in a T-bone wreck. Because the car is less reinforced at the side, many passengers suffer terrible fractures, concussions, and back injuries.
- Intersection accidents. A driver who runs a red light or makes an illegal turn can smash into other drivers, causing fractures and spinal column injuries, among others.
Does Insurance Cover a Car Accident?
Texas requires that drivers show proof of financial responsibility, so most drivers should have liability coverage. If you are struck, you make a claim on the at-fault driver’s insurance policy for things like car repairs, medical bills, lost income, and physical pain and emotional distress.
Sadly, too many Texas drivers lack coverage. In that case, our firm will look for other insurance policies, including uninsured motorist coverage, collision coverage, or medical payments. Our attorney is adept at negotiating with insurers to show you deserve compensation.
One issue that can arise is comparative fault. Did you make some mistake while driving, or were you careless yourself? For example, a speeding motorist might have crashed into you at the intersection, but you stopped over the line. If so, you might not receive as much compensation as you deserve. Many defendants will blame you for contributing to the crash, whether that’s the truth or not. Let us investigate to find out what really happened.
Standing Up for Our Clients
There are thousands of car accidents each year in Texas, but everyone’s story is unique. We want to know how your accident has impacted your life. Based on what we hear, we can properly advise you about whether you can hold another motorist at fault for your injuries. Contact us to speak with our Fresno car accident lawyer.